Prego

You know how it is, we females are hit by our cravings every time we PMS. For me, my PMS cravings are carbs. For most of my gal pals, it's chocolates. I know I'm PMS-ing when I start hankering for all things starchy and sweet.

As I was craving risotto, Lips and I went to Prego after ditching our other halves for a girls' only night out. Yes, we may be the most sticky of couples, but we do have our own lives and go out with our friends without our respective man-candies on our arms.


The Braised Chicken Risotto ($34) was cooked in a hearty, chicken stew-ish style, chunked up by diced carrots, celery, olives and pinenuts. I loved this for its rustic, summer-ish flavours.


The Risotto del Giorno ($35) was the daily special with pork sausage and a perfectly sunny-side egg yolk. This is like the Italian version of our local breakfast porridge. Creamy, soft and yet discernible rice grains in a delicate cheesy base with juicy pork sausages, this was pure comfort food.



Prego
Level 1, Fairmont Singapore
80 Bras Basah Road
Tel: 6431 5156
Open daily for breakfast from 6am to 11am, lunch from 11.30am to 2.30pm and dinner from 6.30pm to 10.30pm

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thr Prof says : Now I know why you wanted to eat mee rebus today. Yikes!

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang