Guan Chee HK Roasted Duck, Suntec Food Republic

Friends will know that I'm not a fan of food courts in general. The food is usually substandard and too pricey compared to authentic hawker fare. Food, to me, has to be worth it. Be it the money or the calories. This is why I don't mind paying dozens of dollars for 5 tiny cubes of melt-in-your-mouth wagyu, but I complain about spending $1.20 on dried-out bbq chicken wings.

So it was a surprise when I came across this stall at Suntec Food Republic that sells relatively authentic versions of Cantonese herbal boiled soups. I got the Old Cucumber and Pork Ribs Soup ($4). Although it was a tad oily, it still had that homebrewed taste, delicate and light.




Guan Chee HK Roasted Duck
Suntec Convention Centre
Food Republic #01-125B
Tel: 6820 7172

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Tian Tian Seafood Restaurant