Prego

We went back to our favourite Italian place for dinner. We'd sampled most of the stuff on the regular menu, so we usually order the daily specials or set menus.

This month's set dinner ($76 for 2-courses) featured House-Made Conchiglioni Pasta, tossed with Lamb Ragout with Organic Mixed Mushrooms as the main. This was hearty, earthy and yet mellow at the same time. There was none of the gamey mutton taste I so dislike. I liked this, but the BF was a little put off by the caterpillar pod-shaped pasta. I thought the pasta looked like snow pea pods, so I ate most of this, while he ate my risotto.



We also got the Zuppa Del Giorno with the set dinner, Soup-of-the-Day with Sweet Potato Potage. They'd thoughtfully separated the soup into 2 portions so the BF and I could share it. THAT's what I call good service.


I got my favourite Risotto del Giorno ($33) the daily special with Braised Pork. Today's version needed at least 10 more minutes on the cooker, the rice grains were still slightly hard. Otherwise, this was creamy and delicate.


Prego
Level 1, Fairmont Singapore
80 Bras Basah Road
Tel: 6431 5156
Open daily for breakfast from 6am to 11am, lunch from 11.30am to 2.30pm and dinner from 6.30pm to 10.30pm

Comments

Anonymous said…
the prego here is crap. Can't hold a candle to prego, KL.
Bern said…
I haven't tried Prego in Westin Kuala Lumpur, but this Prego is good in terms of portion size, pastas and risottos. Just stay away from their pizzas, they're a little bland and there aren't enough toppings.

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Tian Tian Seafood Restaurant