Tin Mine, Indigo Pearl, Phuket, Thailand

Yes, I know I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of buffets. But the buffet breakfast at Tin Mine in Indigo Pearl is worth every sinful calorie. Trust me, this is one breakfast you'll want to wake up for and enjoy at a leisure pace. Breakfast at Tin Mine is complimentary for most stays at Indigo Pearl, so you get to indulge in decadent morning glories.

Everything, well almost everything anyway, in the buffet is unbelievably delicious. And so, I won't bore you with repetitive descriptions of the good stuff. I'll only point out the stuff that you shouldn't bother loading your already stuffed tummies with.

We'll start off with the mind-boggling amount of Pastries.


Another view of the pastry section.


Chocolate Mini Muffins


Chocolate Fruit Mini Muffins


Mini Muffins


Strawberry Quiches


Madeleines


Chocolate Madeleines


Chocolate Danish


Chocolate Chip Danish


This was one of my fave pastries, the Chocolate Chip Danish


Apple Danish


This was my other favourite pastry, the Apple Danish


Dragonfruit Danish


Crossiant


Almond Crossiant


Pound Cake


Chocolate Pound Cake


Brownie


We move on to the Bread Counter.


Another view of the Bread Counter


Multitude of Breakfast Rolls, they were a little "lao hong" but a round through the toaster and voila, they were as good as new!


White and Wholewheat Sliced Bread


Baguettes


Sunflower Seed Crusted Bread


Rye Bread and Ciabatta


Various Jams and Spreads for the Bread and Pastries, including coconut, guava, strawberry, butter, margarine, mango, orange, blueberry and sugar-free strawberry and sugar-free orange jams.


For the health conscious, there's a Mix-Your-Own-Salad Bar with lettuce, mesclun, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots.


A Ham and Peppers Cold Dish


Fresh Fruits, chilled, including watermelons, guavas, papayas and pineapples


Another view of the Fresh Fruits, with honeydew
 

Dried Fruits and Nuts to complement the various Cereals, including dried mango, dried pineapple, dried papayas, walnuts, raisins and almonds


Yoghurt with different flavours, including strawberry, orange, guava and plain


Oatmeal, ready mixed for your convenience


Fresh Fruits and Sweeteners for the Yoghurt and Oatmeal


Various Cheeses, including from left to right, Brie, Blue, Edam, Gouda, Emmental varieties


Onto the eggs.I love love LURVE the eggs here. They are all cooked a la minute, so it's always fluffy and moist. My favourite eggs are Scrambled, with Ham and Peppers.


My second fave are Eggs Sunny Side-Up.


This is the Fiance's second fave, Omelette.


The Omelette with Ham, Mushroom, Onions and Peppers


They've got 2 varieties of sausages, Veal Sausage, very smooth in texture.


And Pork Sausage, which is more textured, and richer in flavour. I prefer this.


Tin Mine has 2 types of grilled meats, the first being Grilled Chicken, which is a tough and tasteless. Skip this.


The Grilled Pork is better, less tough and with a little more flavour, but not worth the stomach space.


I love Bacon, especially the Streaky ones! I remember a date who thought he was being sweet by removing all the fat from my bacon when he made breakfast for me. Seriously, the best part about bacon is the fat. And anyone who knows me knows that I love the fat on my bacon. Suffice it to say, that was the first and only date.


Baked Beans and Hashbrowns and Fried Potato Balls


Fried Potatoes with Baked Beans


Grilled Tomatoes


There's also a Waffles and Pancakes Station.


Waffles and Pancakes


Sauces for the Waffles and Pancakes, including maple syrup, honey, icing sugar, chocolate fudge, strawberry drizzle, and cream


I liked that the waffle was quartered so we conserve tummy space.


The pancake was similarly small-sized.


Moving onto the Asian selection, there was a small tray of Chinese Dim Sum, including Steamed Pork Dumplings "Siew Mai", Steamed Pork Ribs, and Steamed BBQ Pork Buns.


The tray with Steamed Prawn Dumpling "Har Gow"


Of all the Dim Sum, only the Steamed BBQ Pork Buns were worth eating. Soft fluffy buns with sweet sticky diced pork filling.


The Steamed Pork Ribs weren't fantastic. The soy was too mild and without depth and the pork ribs were not soft enough.


Surprisingly, I liked the Porridge. This was the Chinese Congee Soup with Pork


They provide a variety of condiments, including fried garlic, pickled radish, spring onions, sugar, soy, fish sauce, sliced chili, chili flakes, julienned ginger and white ground pepper.


A small bowl of the Pork Congee


Minced Pork rolled into a ball


Chinese Congee Soup with Chicken


I also liked the Fried Rice, it was well flavoured and evenly coated with egg and oil. I had a plate of this although I knew it would fill me up.


The Thai-Style Fried Flat Rice Noodles was even better than the fried rice. Smooth, soft and chewy, this was cooked a la minute as well.


I also liked the Green Curry Chicken, fragrant, rich and spicy.


The chicken pieces were huge and tender.



Optional add-ons for the green curry, including boiled eggs, matured sprouts, cucumbers, pineapples, long beans, bean sprouts, and pickles


Juices to quench the thirst, including Mandarin Orange, Pineapple, Mango and Papaya.


P.S. Yes we did eat all of that was shown above, BUT we did go to the gym twice a day. So the way I see it, the food intake balanced out the energy exerted.

Tin Mine
Indigo Pearl
Nai Yang Beach and National Park
Phuket 83110
Thailand
Website: www.indigo-pearl.com/

Comments

wow, this must be the most comprehensive buffet post I have ever seen on a food blog. really hard work!
Bern said…
Gee thanks! hahaa, apart from posting the pictures and generally inserting a short writeup, I really didn't do much. I did take loads of pictures though. Unlike some buffet restaurants in Sg, the resort was perfectly happy to let me take them.
Indigo Pearl said…
Hi Hungry Bunny, thank you this comprehensive post about our breakfast buffet :-)
happy to hear you had a lovely stay. i also invite you to share some of your culinary experience on our online community: facebook.com/indigopearlresort

see you soon and happy holidays
Indigo Pearl
red fir said…
This buffet looks cra...zzzy. I think I just gained 5kg looking at the food.
Bern said…
Hahaa, it's super yummy though. Worth every calorie. All of my friends who have stayed here ALL loved the buffet breakfast. Don't worry, the gym is open till late to work off all those calories.

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang

ABC Brickworks Food Centre