Crystal Jade Kitchen, Suntec City Mall

In line with my resolution to meet with my best friends at least once a month, I met up with Cho for lunch over the weekend. Maintaining a friendship is like a maintaining a bank account, you need to deposit time to get returns on the friendship. So even if I'm in a relationship, I try to make time for my friends and maintain a strong network of support and love in my life. The BF is one (major) part of my life, and my friends make up another part of my life. Besides, they were there before the BF was even a part of my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today if not for them.

From 2.30pm to 5pm, Crystal Jade Kitchen is currently having a Hi-Tea Promotion where dim sum, noodles and congee go at 20% off. This was a really good deal, seeing that Cho and I could chat, eat, and chill at a leisurely pace, all at a pretty little discount. I mean, our lunch cost only about $24!

We started off with the Deep-fried Yam Puff ($3.60 usual price, $2.88 discounted price), sweet mashed yam with a savoury minced chicken filling and fluffy puff.


The Steamed BBQ Pork Buns ($3.20 usual price, $2.56 discounted price) were nice and fluffy, filled with sticky sweet smoky roasted pork.


I like the Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken ($4.20 usual price, $3.36 discounted price) here. It's moist, flavoursome and chock full of mushroom bits, half a salted egg yolk, and tender juicy chicken cubes.


The Pan-fried Carrot Cake ($3.40 usual price, $2.72 discounted price), while a tad oily, is really delectable. Soft flour cake with strips of crunchy radish and preserved Chinese sausage was pan fried to a caramelised crust.


I got a hankering for Wanton Noodles in Soup ($6.80 usual price, $5.44 discounted price), chewy thin egg noodles in a comforting prawn-based broth, and juicy wantons.




Crystal Jade Kitchen
3 Temasek Boulevard,
B1-013, Suntec City Mall
Tel: 6338 3511
Open daily, 11am to 10.30pm
Website: www.crystaljade.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang