Starbucks Coffee, The Ogilvy Centre

It's been a harrowing week at work, I could not have been more thankful when Friday was finally over. Ernie had some time to spare before dinner so he met up for coffee when my day ended.

We went to Starbucks at The Oligvy Centre. I love the colonial facade of this office building and was relieved to discover that the architecture will be preserved when the building is refurbished into a hotel.

Believe it or not, chocolate usually gives me headaches. Ditto for coffee. Funnily enough, I don't feel like I'm missing out. I prefer my candies to chocolate anyway. Seriously, I've been known to eat a packet of gummies a day. But every once a while, I will feel like chocolate, and this was one of those rare occasions.

We got the Java Chip Frappuccino ($6.30) ice-blended coffee with chocolate chips, generously drizzled with chocolate syrup. This was really quite decadent and incredibly rich. Best part, I didn't end up with a headache!


Oh and I couldn't resist pairing the drink with the Starbucks Singapore Bearista ($24.90) which was really quite adorable. I suppose this merchandise was catered for the tourist dollar, looking at that Merlion Teddy-tee.


Update 21 Jan 2011: This Starbucks outlet has closed down, due to The Ogilvy Centre being refurbished into a hotel.

Starbucks Coffee
The Ogilvy Centre
35 Robinson Road #01-04
Tel: 6222 4961
Open from Mondays to Fridays from 7am to 9pm, Saturdays from 7.30am to 5pm, Sundays from 12noon to 6pm and closed on Public Holidays
Website: www.starbucks.com.sg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang