Starbucks Coffee, The Ogilvy Centre

Ernie and I stopped by Starbucks to get some coffee after lunch one day. Although I generally try to avoid caffeine, I was badly in need of an energy boost. I had been yawning non-stop at work, which was a result of having to wake extra early to be in court by 8.30am (although PTCs are fixed at 9am). This is because the last time I was in court at 9.02am, I was 15th in the queue! Suffice it to say, it was past 12 noon by the time I finally got back to the office that day. Getting ahead in the PTC queue requires an increasingly early attendance in court.

We got the Dark Mocha Frappuccino ($6.50), a potent blend of an expresso shot, laden with dark chocolate coated coffee beans. I liked the chunky bits of dark chocolate, the bittersweet chocolate providing a welcome respite from the saccharine drink. Starbucks' blended coffees are normally strictly reserved for sugar and chocolate addicts, but this was a slightly more balanced sweet drink.


Update 21 Jan 2011: This Starbucks outlet has closed down, due to The Ogilvy Centre being refurbished into a hotel.
Starbucks Coffee
The Ogilvy Centre
35 Robinson Road #01-04
Tel: 6222 4961
Open from Mondays to Fridays from 7am to 9pm, Saturdays from 7.30am to 5pm, Sundays from 12noon to 6pm and closed on Public Holidays
Website: www.starbucks.com.sg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang