This was a quick weekday night pasta dish that I modified from the shashouka recipe. It's hearty, robust, and packs a spicy punch. For those staying away from carbs, up the zucchini noodles, and leave out the pasta.
Ingredients (feeds 4):
1 tbsp olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 411gm cans diced tomatoes
4 tbsp harissa paste (you can get this from Culina)
2 tsp cumin powder
10 saffron threads
2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced into thick noodles (I used both green and yellow for colour)
Tagliatelle, use however much you like, or don't (pre-cooked in salted boiling water for only 1-minute)
1) Fry garlic in olive oil until fragrant, less than 1 minute.
2) Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, breaking it up into smaller pieces as you go along.
3) Add harissa paste, stirring it through.
4) Add saffron and cumin, stirring through.
5) Add zucchini, tossing through to cook, about 2 minutes.
6) Add pasta and poach eggs in the mixture, about 3 minutes.