BAKE Cheese Tart, ION Orchard

I finally got on the Japanese cheese tart gravy train. As with any other food fad in Singapore, we waited till the initial furore over the famous Hokkaido confectionery died down, before trying them. Whereas the tarts previously mandated at least an hour waiting in a snaking line, indulging in a treat from BAKE Cheese Tart now doesn't take more than 5 minutes on a Friday evening.

And now that I've finally tried it, I can totally understand the craze. Oh my, these were absolutely sublime. A buttery crust that was just the right amount of bite, filled with a cheesy mousse so light it's like eating a fluffy cloud. Decadent, delicious and addicting, I can polish off a whole box on my own. In one sitting. And that is why I go to the gym.

Even better news, BAKE is open through the Chinese New Year holidays (till 5pm methinks). If you bring these along to visit relations, you can be sure of a warm reception ($19.50 for a box of 6). You'll be everyone's favourite relative!


BAKE Cheese Tart
2 Orchard Turn
ION Orchard #B4-33

Open daily from 10am to 10pm
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang

ABC Brickworks Food Centre