Portobello Fajitas make for a quick and easy vegetarian supplement to any meal. Red, green and yellow peppers are tossed in together for a riot of colours.
Ingredients (feeds 4-6):
10 large portobellos, sliced thickly
3 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, sliced thinly
1 green pepper, sliced thinly
1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
1 large onion, sliced thinly
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cayenne
Salt to taste
1) Fry onions in olive oil till soft and transluscent, about 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
2) Add peppers, and fry for another 2 minutes.
3) Add mushrooms and fry on high heat until water released evaporated.
4) Add cumin, garlic, coriander, cayenne.
5) Salt to taste before serving.