Ingredients (feeds 1):
60 grams grated coconut (you can get this at the wet markets)
3 tbsp rempah (recipe below)
100 grams long beans, blanched in salted water and sliced into 1.5" lengths
20 grams baby bean sprouts (the ones from the W were only 1 week old, so these were extra refined)
3 cherry tomatoes, halved
20 grams cucumber, sliced finely
10 grams ground roasted peanuts
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
10 grams fried shallots
A few slices of large red chilli (up to you to increase as you like it)
Rempah (pound all into a yellow paste):
200 gram shallots, sliced
60 grams garlic, sliced
20 grams fresh tumeric, sliced
10 grams galangal, sliced
10 grams ginger, sliced
1 tbsp coriander seeds, or powder
1) Mix the grated coconut with the rempah, lime juice and fish sauce, and fry it on low heat until the paste is dried out.
2) It should look all dry and smell toasty like this.
3) Mix the long beans, beansprouts, cherry tomatoes, sliced chilli, and cucumbers together.
4) Add the coconut-rempah mixture.
5) The tossed salad should look like this.
6) Garnish with sliced red chilli, fried shallots, a lime wedge and roasted peanuts.