Hari Raya Puasa 2013 Homecooked Lunch

This was another invite to a childhood bestie's open house for Hari Raya celebrations. The food here had more of an Indian slant, seeing as my friend's an Indian muslim. Remember how there was a bit of talk that the majority of Singaporeans don't have a close friend of another race? What rubbish. A lot of my closest friends are of another race. And this is despite the fact that I grew up in an all-girls' missionary school.  

The spread here may be a little limited, but what they lacked in variety, they made up for it with quality. And, oodles and oodles of love. I think that really is the secret ingredient that makes homecooked food so awesome. I mean, when you're cooking for your loved ones, you tend to be a lot more generous with "liao" and start off with the freshest, most premium ingredients because cost doesn't feature as a consideration, correct?

The Mutton Biryani was one of the best we've ever had. The mutton, devoid of any game accent, was meltingly tender, and the rice was so aromatically delicious I would have been ecstatic eating it on its own. I didn't really care that my arteries were practically slamming shut as I went back for thirds!


The Fried Chicken, undisputedly the star of lunch, was unbelievably flavourful. Marinated to the bones, this was seriously the best fried chicken, Indian style, hands down. The ones you get outside are only marinated skin-deep. But, this was just tasty to the core. I must have demolished half of this. (Don't worry, the tray got replenished because the kitchen just kept whipping up these lipsmackingly awesome babies.)


The Eggplant Curry had a lentil dhal base to it so it was very mellow. Like a eggplant-enlivened dhal curry.



Hari Raya Puasa 2013
Courtesy of the Jaleesoo family

Comments

yixiao said…
The food looks absolutely freakin' good!!!
Bern said…
big advantage of having besties of other races! :) I was a very happy gal that afternoon.
FoodieFC said…
the first thought: 'again?'

nothing beats homecooked food!
Bern said…
hahahaa! i consider myself very lucky to have such great friends. who'd allow me to stuff my face silly at their homes!
Anonymous said…
I like how you do psuedo-reviews of your friends' food!
Bern said…
haahahaaa...my bestie told me later, after i'd eaten, that he'd been quite nervous before i started eating!

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Tian Tian Seafood Restaurant