Jane Thai Food

Update September 2016: Jane Thai has moved east to 41 East Coast Road, at 6966 5187, open Mons to Sat from 11.30am to 2.30pm; 5.30pm to 10.30pm

It's been a long long looooong time since I last hit the gym, mostly because of work, and I'm starting to feel the effects of the lack of exercise. I don't have a weighing machine at home (too much pressure), so I use my clothes (usually my dress pants) as a gauge of sorts. Thing is, I've just realised that I can no longer fit into my dress pants! So, since the trial's over, it's back to the gym after work everyday.

It was a little late by the time we finished at the gym, and I was craving some spicy tom yum soup so we headed to the late night spot that is Jane Thai Food at the somewhat dodgy Orchard Towers.

The Stir Fried Pork with Oyster Sauce ($10) was delicious, with luscious brown oyster sauce gravy slathered over tender marinated sliced pork and straw mushrooms.


Since the prawns in their Tom Yum Goong is usually not very fresh, I got the Tom Yum Soup with Chicken ($10) instead. This was much better than the prawn version. Chicken was tender and plentiful, as with the straw mushrooms, and soup was bold, fiery, piquant and rich.


We're both staying away from carbs at night so we got the Kai Jieow Moo Sap ($10) Omelette with Minced Pork, for more protein. This was a tad oily but well-stuffed and very flavoursome.



Jane Thai Food
400 Orchard Road
#04-30 Orchard Towers
Tel: 9054 4219
Open 6pm to 4am

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang

ABC Brickworks Food Centre