Wendy's, Lau Pa Sat Festival Market

Wendy's opened to much fanfare when it returned to our sunny shores sometime in December last year at Lau Pa Sat. I remember the snaking queues when I walked past the place. I also remember pitying the poor sods wasting their lunch hour standing in the ridiculously long line just to get fast food. As usual, I waited till about a year later for the crowds to dissipate and try their fast food.

Working over the weekend in the CBD means that food choices are limited. Wendy's is one of the very few places open throughout the week.  Obviously, there was no queue on a Sunday. Having tried the food here, I really don't see what the big deal is. Wendy's is really a run-of-the-mill fast food joint, not a standout from the regular Macadees or BK. Mind you, it's not bad, but it's definitely not great either. To me, it's just another fast food joint. 

The Spicy Chicken Sensation ($4.90 on its own, $6.95 combo meal with a small fries and soft drink) was a puny little burger, with one sad piece of lettuce and a small chunk of breaded chicken thigh. The chicken was fairly good, not dry, and it had a nice spice, but I have to say that this really was quite small.


I felt that the Beef Chili ($2.70) was probably the only unique thing on the menu that I'd come back to Wendy's for, it tasted fairly authentic and not unlike the chili con carne that I had in L.A.


The Fries (+$0.50 for medium top up on the combo meal) was alright, crisp, not too oily but not spectacular. It was just like any other fries found in any other fast food joint. 



Wendy's
18 Raffles Quay
#46 Lau Pa Sat Festival Market
Tel: 6225 8335
Open Mondays to Saturdays from 7.30am to 10pm, Sundays from 7.30am to 12midnight

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wendys has just gone down the drain from day one. I can vouch for it because i eat there almost every day. Whenever I need a laxative, i go for the frostie and fried chicken. And, while the FC was good initially, it has gone into the gutter too. Prof.

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang