Pork Jowl Bulgogi Kimchi Arugula Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
추석라따그램인데 오늘은 축하할일이 없어요. 이태원을 위해 기도해주세여 삼가 고인들의 명복을 빕니다.
Bulgogi is another traditional Chuseok mainstay, but because I already planned for galbi tang as the entree, I re-worked bulgogi into a modern salad. The sweetness of the bulgogi marinade is set off by the sour spice notes of the kimchi stir-fry, while fresh arugula and pomegranate seeds temper the sweetish heat of the Korean red pepper paste.
Ingredients (feeds 2)
250gm pork jowl, seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled
200gm fresh kimchi, chopped roughly
200gm carrots, shredded
2 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
100gm arugula, chopped roughly
sesame seeds for garnishing
1) Fry kimchi until the liquid is almost cooked off, about 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
2) Add carrots, toss through till softened, about 2 minutes.
3) Add enoki, stir through, about 1 minute.
4) Add gochujang, stir through.
5) Assembly time: with arugula at the base, set the pork bulgogi with the kimchi-carrot-enoki stir-fry, eggs, and sprinkles of sesame seeds and pomegranate seeds.