The Lounge, Intercontinental Singapore Hotel

I like chilling out at hotel lobby lounges. You're almost always ensured a tranquil setting, impeccable service and a classy crowd. If given a choice, I'd prefer meeting up with my friends at a hotel lobby lounge than at a coffee joint, mostly because you're guaranteed not to be disturbed by rambunctious noisy teenagers, or studious teenagers that don't seem to be able to find any other place than a bustling coffee joint to study and invariably end up hogging the very crammed tiny coffee tables. Yes, I'm old. 10 years ago, and I'll be one of those annoying teens, but now that I'm old(er), I like my peace and quiet.

The Intercontinental Singapore is within walking distance from home, so naturally, it's my default chillout spot. The ambience is relaxed and soothing, partly due to its setup as a Peranakan living room, and partly due to the light jazz and easy-listening hits belted out by the in-house piano player. Although the menu consists of a limited selection of light bites, you can request food from any other restaurants in the hotel to be served to you at the lounge. The staff are more than happy to oblige.

I usually just nurse a pot of mint tea, but today, I was hungry, so I got the Fried Char Kway Teow ($23). It wasn't hawker-fantastic, but it was satisfying. Pricey, but large in portion and generous with the prawns and squid (which were very fresh). 


The Lounge
Intercontinental Singapore Hotel First Floor
60 Middle Road
Tel: 6825 1046
Open Mondays to Saturdays from 8am to 1am,
Sundays from 8am to 12midnight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang