As you may be aware, I recently purchased a punnet of marusho tomatoes from Ethan's Gourmet, wonderfully juicy balls of pure sunshine. This easy-to-make dish is vegetarian-friendly, incredibly simple, and highlights the natural sweetness of the rainbow-hued tomatoes. And because it's so gorgeous, it looks a lot more pro than it actually is!
Ingredients (feeds 4):
400 gm fusilli
10 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cups uncooked wild rocket leaves
2 cups marusho tomatoes, halved (regular red and yellow cherry tomatoes work in a pinch as well)
1/2 cup grated parmesan
Salt to taste
1) Cook fusilli in salted boiling water till just underdone. These fusilli cook in 11 minutes, so I took them off the heat at the 9-minute mark.
2) Fry garlic in olive oil, about 1 minute on medium-heat.
3) Lower heat, add tomatoes, toss.
4) Add semi-cooked fusilli, toss for about 1 minute, coating each screw evenly with olive oil.
5) Turn off heat, add arugula, toss and let residual heat wilt leaves.
6) Salt to taste, sparingly, because you'll serve with sprinkling of grated Parmesan which will up the sodium content.