This classic Chinese take-out dish is an incredibly easy, low-fuss stir fry that needs about half an hour of prep work, and even less time to cook. The key to this is a big big fire, so turn up the stove and fry away!
Ingredients (feeds 3-4):
2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
half a capsicum, julienned
10 white button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup sliced sirloin beef, marinated with spicy bulgogi sauce
1 small yellow onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp light soy
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp mirin
2 dashes white ground pepper
1) Fry onions in canola-sesame oil mix, on high heat, about 1 minute till caramelised.
2) Add garlic and toss through for 15 seconds.
3) Add broccoli, fry for 1 minute.
4) Add mushrooms, fry about 1 minute.
5) Add peppers, fry about 1 minute.
6) Add beef, soy, mirin, pepper and oyster sauce, fry for 30 seconds or until beef is half cooked. Dish up immediately, the residual heat will cook the beef mostly through. You want the beef medium-done, so it remains tender.