This is a vegetarian twist on the chicken with 40 cloves of garlic recipe I'd posted earlier. It's simple but yummy, and the sauce can be prepped in advance, leaving you time to mingle with guests when hosting a dinner party.
Ingredients (feeds 6-8 pax):
500 grams tagliatelle (cook in salted water until 2 minutes undercooked)
5 heads garlic
3 cups vegetable stock (switch it out for chicken stock for more "body")
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 cup pecorino romano (parmesan works in a pinch)
1) Melt butter.
2) Heat garlic with butter on low heat till browned all over, about 20 minutes.
3) Add stock and simmer till garlic is soft and mushy.
4) Add rosemary, stirring through.
5) Blend the entire thing till smooth. Salt to taste, and add drained pasta, tossing to coat it all evenly.
6) Ready to serve with shower of pecorino.