Crystal Jade Kitchen, Suntec City Mall

Since the BF has recovered from his cough (the wonders of Pi Pa Gao!), we continued with our fitness regime and decided to run from home to Suntec City Mall for dinner.

Of course we ended up at Crystal Jade Kitchen, our favourite default dinner place. We got the Beef Crispy Noodles ($12.80), egg noodles fried to a crisp, slathered in a thick oyster sauce-based gravy and topped with slices of tender beef, sauteed button mushrooms, slightly blanched carrots and choy sum (or cai xin in Mandarin) for crunch.



We also got a Prawn Wanton Soup ($7), a generous serving of crunchy prawns wrapped in silky wanton skins in a prawn-based soup. I prefer a chicken-based soup but this is good as well. Admittedly, I taste MSG in the soup but it isn't tongue-numbingly overwhelming. I love the fact that the staff happily refills the soup as many times as I want, that's the standard of the service here.


A closeup of the insides of the wanton.


I mentioned before that this is my favourite Crystal Jade Kitchen branch because of, inter alia, the high standard of service. Today, the staff continued to astound me with their service standards. The manager saw us and immediately informed the staff serving us to hold off the spring onions in our dishes, and she also automatically brought a straw for my iced Chinese tea when she noticed that my glass did not have any. How's that for personalised service?

My personalised iced Chinese tea with a straw! 



Crystal Jade Kitchen
3 Temasek Boulevard,
B1-013, Suntec City Mall
Tel: 6338 3511
Open daily, 11am to 10.30pm
Website: www.crystaljade.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang