Stir-fries are my go-to whenever I'm strapped for time and low on energy. The pork and veggie medley here is simple and appetizing with its riot of colours, and to make it a one-dish meal, I tossed in a handful of green tea soba noodles. Who says healthy eating isn't deliciouso???
Ingredients (feeds 2):
300gm pork loin, sliced and marinated in Sauce A (recipe below)
250gm baby boy choy, leaves separated from stalks and cut in half length-wise
1 small red capsicum, julienned
2 medium carrots, julienned
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp canola oil
a handful soba noodles, boiled in salted water till 2 minutes before instructed cooking time
sesame seeds for garnishing
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp light soy
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp mirin
1) Fry garlic in sesame-canola oil on medium heat till fragrant, about 35 seconds.
2) Add bokchoy stems, fry for a minute.
3) Increase heat to high and add carrots, tossing for a minute.
4) Add peppers, fry for a minute.
5) Add bok choy leaves, fry for another minute.
6) Add pork and all of its marinade, toss through until just cooked, about 2 minutes.
7) Add soba noodles, toss.
8) Salt to taste and garnish with sesame seeds.