This is the easiest dish that makes anyone look like a seasoned chef. Its bright colours totally belie any lack of skill, and it's healthy to boot.An added bonus, it's great for the time-strapped as it takes no more than half an hour to whip up.
Ingredients (feeds 4-6 pax):
12 large portobello, stems off, cleaned
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
extra virgin olive oil
1 ball fresh buffalo mozzarella
1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
1) Season cherry tomatoes in 3 tbsp olive oil and salt. Set aside.
2) Season portobellos with olive oil and salt and pepper.
3) Pre-heat oven at 205C, roast portobellos for 15 minutes.
4) Remove from heat, assemble portobellos by layering with mozzarella, seasoned tomatoes, and strips of basil. Return to oven, and bake for another 8-10 minutes until cheese melts and/or tomatoes burst.
5) Serve with extra lashings of fresh basil.