My Little Spanish Place, Bukit Timah

My Little Spanish Place is yet another restaurant that sprouted from the ashes of now-defunct Santi. Located along Bukit Timah, embedded within the row of shophouses adjacent to Coronation Plaza, this cosy spot is homely and charming. In part credited to the gregarious familiar service. And that impressive jamon bar. Also, I found it so winsome that, when informed of my aversion to parsley/cilantro/coriander, the manager actually came over to commiserate. Hey, we of the OR6A2 gene have to stick together! Our shared hatred of these herbs, alone, is a plus point for My Little Spanish Place, in my book. Hur

No visit to My Little Spanish Place is complete without indulging in their jamon, of which they have 5 types. The most luxe, the Joselito Guijuelo Iberico Bellota ($25 for 25gram serving), cured for a whopping 48 months, was decadent but so worth the cholesterol.

The Gambas al Ajillo ($16), fresh sweet shrimp sizzled with olive oil, fried garlic chips, and chilli pepper, was lovely, and that umami gravy was most sumptuous.

The Croquetas ($12) stuffed with jamon nubbins, cream, and mash, was excellent on its own. I thought the aioli was a bit 'extra' - the croquettes were creamy enough.

The Tortilla de Patata con Aioli ($10), a thick, dense potato omelette layered with onions, and sided by aioli, passed muster, but was forgettable.

A breakfast staple, the Huevos Fritos con Chorizo y Patatas ($18) of fried eggs with chorizo and potatoes wasn't at all what I expected. What I expected was a breakfast hash of sorts, but this was really just a mish-mash of thick fried chips, fried chorizo dice, and a fried egg sunny side egg, strewn together. Rather disjointed and jarring.


My Little Spanish Place
619 Bukit Timah Road
Tel: 6463 2810
Open Tuesdays to Fridays from 6.30pm to 11pm;
Saturdays & Sundays from 11am to 3pm; 6.30pm to 11pm;
Closed on Mondays
Website: www.mylittlespanishplace.com.sg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang

ABC Brickworks Food Centre